It has been a long break from the traditional educational system replaced by e-learning, which leads to drastic changes in the methodology of learning and teaching. It also the time for Interactive learning methods. Being the most preferred sort of learning, interactive learning is a pedagogical method that imbibes computing and social networking. Having both online and offline components creates a novel educational experience for the students. Implementing digital technology and virtual communications has far more impact than learning through multimedia content.
Interactive Learning Content is far better than Lecture learning as 65% of people prefer visual learning, as per surveys. It is assumed that learners respond better to multimedia or interactive content like video, images, illustrations, graphical data, maps, statistics, charts, etc. the method of e-learning is quite infusing and helps in maintaining their level of concentration.
Why is Interactive Learning Content Better?
Lecture learning made students repeated memorization of given knowledge. Unlike this, e-learning encourages two-way interactions for a customized learning process. Through this students can build their idea about subjects rather than the handed information. Students have an active role in grasping knowledge, taking efforts to self-learning. Interactive sessions make them learn from teachers as well as other students. This improves their learning horizon and skills. Some of the benefits of using Interactive Learning Content are:
- Encourages two-way interaction/participation
- Stimulate a response, discussion, and hands-on experience
- Use teaching materials like creative contents to attract student attention
- Set up a group environment including the teachers and students
- Engage in international educational debates and discussions at any location
The method is highly inclusive that many educational institutions and organizations implemented them to upgrade their system and student’s knowledge level. Personalized teaching styles and educational activities made them popular and established to promote the e-learning system. Data analytics and reporting tools can be associated with this to monitor and progress each record. This creates properly enhanced knowledge, tracking the records and performance of each candidate.
What are the effects of Interactive Learning Content in E-Learning?
There are certain limitations in using multimedia content but how can interactive learning contents cover this up? Let’s look into a few effects and advantages of Interactive e-learning:
- Interactive learning content supports teachers in explaining topics through important images or illustrations.
- Generates editable materials and manuals as PDFs, audiobooks, etc.
- Teachers can provide video content, presentations, and expert lectures.
- Projects can be created and submitted as video reports or PPTs.
- The whole class can access relevant events and materials through video conferencing, virtual classrooms, or webcam streaming.
- Mind mapping software can be used to create a preface or overview of the topic or related materials.
- Specific learning objectives and goals can be set for a particular activity and students can practice through exams and quizzes.
- This allows students to access video lectures repeatedly, or to revise. They can record or upload virtual lessons or lectures.
- Gamification can be implemented as a part of the learning process
- Accessible at any international time zone so that students can engage in group discussions/debates as desired.
With Interactive learning content, e-learning could be made more effective for students. both the teachers and students could save time and money on physical learning materials and content. Today, there is numerous learning management software available, but all of them would not support interactive learning content or SCORM type of content. There is a wide list to explore out, but choose the one that matches your requirements rather than the economy.
The post Importance of Interactive Learning Content in e-Learning appeared first on eLearning.
Interactive Learning Content is far better than Lecture learning as 65% of people prefer visual learning, as per surveys.
The post Importance of Interactive Learning Content in e-Learning appeared first on eLearning.Read MoreBlog, Interactive eLearning, Learning interactions, blog, how to make e learning interactive, interactive elearning, Learning Interactions, LMS